I’m sure by now, you’ve noticed the construction in Tradition west of I-95 on the south side of Tradition Parkway. I’m also fairly certain you’ve heard it’s going to be a new hospital. Well, that’s about all I knew but today at the membership breakfast for the Realtors Association of St. Lucie, we got some inside scoop from Miguel Coty, Vice President and Chief Marketing and Communications Officer of Martin Health Systems. So here are some of the interesting details so you’re in the loop too on an exciting addition to our community:
Tradition Medical Center
- 90-bed hospital on 20-acre site with ability to expand to 300 beds
- More than 200,000 sq ft in first stage
- Services include:
Full-service emergency department
General and vascular surgery
- Martin Health and Mann Research are partnering on a medical office building attached to the hospital with 40,000 sq ft of physician offices and administrative offices
- The hospital will bring an estimated 400 jobs
- Estimated cost of $135 million
Mr. Coty also told us what the ‘topping out’ actually meant that is scheduled for October (see timeline below) and it’s really a neat idea. It is the placing of the last beam to complete construction and is kind of a commemorative thing. During October, they are actually going to take that last beam to several places where people can sign the beam and take part in the history of the building of Tradition Medical Center–we’ll be on the lookout for where these events are scheduled!
For more information, visit www.martinhealth.org/tradition .